When applying for benefits, you'll need the proper paperwork. Here are some forms you may need. Note that they are all in Adobe Acrobat format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader, which you can download for free.
If viewing the forms on line, use your browser's Back button to return to this page. You may also download forms by clicking the link using the right mouse button and choosing "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the context menu.
- Standard Form 180 - Request Pertaining to Military Records
- VA Form 21-526 - Veteran’s Application For Compensation And/Or Pension
- VA Form 10-10EZ - Application for Health Benefits
- VA Form 0220 - Notice Of Appellate Rights Following Denial Of Motion For Reconsideration
- VA Form 1010I - Insurance Information
- VA Form 10-5345 - Request for and Authorization to Release Medical Records or Health Information
- VA Form 21-4138X - Statement in Support of Claim
- VA Form 21-4142 - Authorization and Consent to Release Information to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- VA Form 21-527 - Income-Net Worth and Employment Statement
- VA Form 21-8940 - Veteran’s Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability
- VA Form 21-22A - Appointment of Individual as Claimant’s Representative
- VA Form 4107 - Your Rights to Appeal Our Decision
- VA Form 4597 - Board of Veterans’ Appeals Notice
- VA Form 1-646 - Statement of Accredited Representation in Appealed Case
- VA Form 9 - Appeal to Board of Veterans’ Appeals
- VA Form 28-1900 - Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation
- VA Form 28-1902 - Rehabilitation Needs Inventory
- VA Form 28-8872 - Rehabilitation Plan
- VA Form 28-8872a - Rehabilitation Plan Continuation Sheet
Not strictly VA related, but helpful if you want to try to get awards or decorations that you are entitled to, but never received.
- DA Form 638 - Recommendation for Award also available in MS Word format
- Award Recommendation Checklist